Monday, July 26, 2010

A Thirty Minute Talk

Sziasztok!

Last week was really neat. On Tuesday the Zone Leader companionship came and we blitzed Érd. That means that they stayed the night here in Érd and worked with Elder Taylor and me instead of taking one of us back to their area. It was pretty fun. Elder Apgood, the Zone Leader, and I were together and Elder Taylor went with Elder Crandall. (Elder Taylor and Elder Crandall were in the same MTC group, so working together was really good for them because they are both young in the mission. This experience forced them to speak to people instead of relying on us older missionaries to do all the talking.)

On Wednesday we had a really good English class. Then after class we had a little party which a bunch of members also attended. We watched the short film The Great Apostasy and then just talked with the students. It was great experience.

And then on Friday the APs (Assistants to the Mission President) came and spent the day with us. They were a big help. We brainstormed a bunch of cool ideas with them to help the missionary work in Érd grow.

Sunday was pretty interesting. I had to give the last talk in Sacrament Meeting so I was pretty nervous. I was worried that I might have to talk longer than fifteen minutes and I wasn’t prepared for that. But then there was some miscommunication and one of the assigned speakers didn’t even know that he was supposed to speak. So that meant that just the branch president and I were prepared and that made me even more nervous. But somehow I actually spoke for thirty minutes and I almost took up the whole meeting! I wasn’t paying as much attention to the clock as I should have been – it was kind of embarrassing! Haha. But it was all good. So our week was pretty interesting. Missionary work is great!

Oh! The weather finally cooled down and a storm came in so we have some relief from the heat.

Well I better get going now! I love you all! Read your scriptures and pray everyday!

~Anderson elder