This week was pretty good. I didn't speak only Hungarian the whole week, though. So next week I'm going all out and I'm not going to speak a single word of English!!! It's going to be crazy. I'll let you know how it's going next Wednesday.
So one night I got a little epiphany and came up with this. You should definitely check out the scriptures because they are really good.
- We know that God exists (Alma 22:8 BoM)
- We know that He is all-knowing, merciful, and loving (Alma 26:35 BoM, James 3:17 Bible, 2 Nephi 1:15 BoM)
- We know that because He is all-knowing, He knows what is best for us and when (Matthew 6:8 Bible).
- Because He is merciful and loving He will help us in ways and in times that are most beneficial to us if we have faith in Him (3 Nephi 14:11 BoM, D&C 90:24, Romans 8:28 Bible)
- Therefore when we go through hard times we don't need to fear or worry or be angry at God because we know that if we believe in Him and follow His commandments He will be beside us every step of the way, helping us, comforting us, and strengthening our weaknesses (Isaiah 41:10 Bible, Isaiah 43:2 Bible). Of course we won't always understand why he allows some difficult trials in our lives to weigh us down (D&C 58:2-4). But it's ok because He does know (Proverbs 3:5-6 Bible, Isaiah 55:8-9 Bible). And if we follow His commandments and His Son Jesus Christ He will lift us up and bless us. He may not take the trial away, but He will comfort us and it will be for our good. We will all experience frequent difficult times but it's ok because God will help us through them all so that we can all enjoy life and be happy.
So if we have faith that God is our Father in Heaven (Acts 17:28-29 Bible, Hebrews 12:9 Bible) and that He can do anything (Alma 26:35 BoM, Jeremiah 32:17 Bible) and if we have faith that His Son Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and follow Christ's example (John 13:15 Bible, 3 Nephi 27:21 BoM, John 10:27 Bible) and God's commandments (John 14:12, 21 & 23 Bible) we will be able to get through every trail and hardship with optimistic attitudes and hearts full of joy, peace, hope, and love (1 John 4:18 Bible, 2 Nephi 31:20 BoM, Mosiah 2:41 BoM, Alma 31:31 BoM).
That was my thought one night, well actually two nights. It was pretty cool. Please check out those scriptures. They are way better than my bad English.
So we taught in Hungarian last Thursday and it was actually really cool!! It took forever to conjugate words and I'm positive that I sounded like a 4 year old, but the returned missionaries could understand what I was saying! At least the basic idea. Haha! It was really cool.
I have discovered the awesomeness of scripture study! I love studying the scriptures. If you approach it with the right attitude then it’s great! I have about 5 pages of notes just for the first 6 chapters of the Book of Mormon. Cool, no?
Well I've got to go! Sziasztok!