Monday, January 18, 2010

A Whole Year Now

Sziasztok!

Last week was really neat. I had another funny biking experience. Elder Smith and I were riding our bikes home on Monday from Tesco (European Walmart) when it happened. Elder Smith was holding a big bag in his left hand which he normally uses to change gears. So he reached over with his right hand to change gears and lost control of the bike and totally crashed! And then I ran over his bike! But somehow I managed to stay on my bike. Elder Smith didn’t get hurt, but the bad thing was that our yogurt exploded all over the place! It was so funny.

Also, I have officially been on my mission for a whole year now! WHOA! Doesn’t seem like it’s been that long at all.

Another cool thing this week was that we restarted our English class and about 70 people came! Our branch house here is super small so there were people who had to stay standing because we didn’t have enough chairs! It was great. Hopefully we’ll be able to find some people to teach through our class.

One more out-of-the-ordinary thing: I got my Christmas presents! Haha! So we had a mini Christmas on Friday. It was great!

Our investigator, Sándor, is awesome and is doing well. We just began teaching him about the Ten Commandments. So now he knows that there is more to the Ten Commandments than just not killing and stealing, which is what a lot of people here think. We are trying to met with his wife too, but she isn’t really interested yet. He is a great guy; I have great hopes for him!

Well I am in a hurry now, so there is a good rundown of last week! It was good. I love this gospel with all my heart and I am so glad that I can be here and teach others about it!

~Anderson elder