Monday, October 4, 2010

Life in Pápa

Sziasztok!

Last week was really good! Pápa is a really cool place! It reminds me of Sopron, just smaller. The branch is really small; there were about 15-20 people in church yesterday but they are all really cool! There was a really cool girl who went to college in Sopron when I was there and she was baptized last December with her mom and they live here in Pápa! So it is really cool to see them here again!

We have a few investigators here, but our English class isn’t doing so well. We’re going to work hard and get it going and then we’ll be able to find more people to teach.

I’m sure that everyone loved General Conference, but we weren’t able to see it live. We’re going to watch it in our branch house this weekend. I’m really excited!

One of the interesting things about Pápa is that the people speak with a slightly heavy accent. This country is smaller than Washington state, but there are at least 4 different accents in the country! They aren’t difficult to understand though, but they are very noticeably different.

I’m still trying to get used to the new area so I don’t have a ton to write. But I love you all and I love Hungary! It is such an incredible privilege to teach the people here about Jesus Christ and His restored gospel!

~Anderson elder